Life Without Practice

We all live lives without practice - you only live once, and this ain't no rehersal. Life is what happens along the road. Plan as we might, things sometimes take another path. This is an on-going diatribe from my perspective. Don't live like it's a rehearsal!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Try Again

I suppose you could entitle any day with that tag line "Try Again." Yesterday I was going to get some pavers to continue the landscaping project(3). It didn't work out as one might expect.

Note the little technorati logo on the sidebar and a micropost for them as well - sounds like a potentially useful service to let people (whuh?!) actually find my blog. We'll see if it actually works at all. But then again, the WithoutPractice blog isn't about me. Oh hang on it's all about me. No, more generally, it's about life as extraordinarily un-notable person, and how we're all in this without any practice, just winging it.

Today's Projects



So another day with projects galore to address. I guess I've successfully met the challenge of at least posting a blog note today, so the days not a total write off.

On landscaping(3) wouldn't you know it, they don't carry those pavers anymore. Too convenient for customers to buy more of them I guess. Sounds like I can special order them though. Oh, and just for my convenience, they've made them half an inch thinner now, so mixing them with existing work - not going to be possible. How nice for me. I might need to mix and match from a few sources - but a consistent thickness will be crucial.

So I've got that on my plate. Plus, I want to do a bit more toward career advancement(2). I think I'll do a drive through techno-town and see if any logo's catch my interest. I've got a big network of people from my years in the machine. As someone who's hired engineers, managers and various other technoSerfs for years, I know that contacts are the best path to a job. But I'm still holding my breath that some consulting work will show-up in spite of my lack of soliciting during the summer. That's where contacts have typically come in handy.

I don't want to do a lot of milking acquaintences for job leads currently. I'll continue to play the game and see if I can drum up something through other channels for now. An income path would be attractive at some point, as would a work environment with other humans, and long term projects.

Other projects worth addressing today are walking (Proj4) - trying to keep my activity up. I've had big 15-20km days over the last couple of weeks, so keeping that up would be nice. It's a very peaceful and envigourating way to spend an hour or two without a glowing screen in front of your face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home