Life Without Practice

We all live lives without practice - you only live once, and this ain't no rehersal. Life is what happens along the road. Plan as we might, things sometimes take another path. This is an on-going diatribe from my perspective. Don't live like it's a rehearsal!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Okay

This weekend involves a brief zip over to Toronto. Not the best place in the world to spend your time on a weekend, but there should be suitable distractions for a few hours. Could potentially pop in on my sister & her family, but it's a bit of a short visit, and frankly I'm feeling weary about family lately. Not sure why - but I think we're all a bit dysfunctional. Of course, you always feel like the only sane one, and are likely the same as all others, but well, ya.

Returned some lousy CD-R's today and got some more, which are equally spotty. One good, two bad. Might be my CD burner. Not too impressive. The verifies always fail, perhaps I'll shut down and try it again with a reasonably cold machine. If it's age and shifting tolerances on components and mechanicals, that might make a difference.

Just trying to do backups. I need a new computer but I also need a new roof - so what are you going to do? Been thinking about the roof lately, and wondering if it will make it through the winter. I might be able to do some remedial work on the first row of shingles and... oh hell. we should just bite the bullet and get it done. No doubt it will be a big slab oh cash. Okay, I admit defeat. Better start selling stocks to raise some moolah.

Summer
So this is the last full day of summer - it ends in the evening tomorrow and we're on to autumn. It already feels like it as I noted earlier. I'm having trouble letting go of shorts and bare feet and only grudgingly put on socks if I need to. With only 4C for a low last night, I guess I need to. Furnace has been cutting in as well, so the season is certainly upon us. Probably a big flood of callers to the roofing companies. But really, they have another 6-8 weeks of good roofing weather.

This summer was pretty nice. I sure got to enjoy a lot of it. I would have enjoyed more camping -like I've been trying to do for a couple of weeks. But I spent a lot of time outside and feel like I experienced it at least. I've been thinking a lot and generally have been rather happy. I'm ready for the next career step, but that's slow in coming. I see the stats today show growth in jobs after a drop in July, but no growth in Management and senior positions. That pretty much jives with my experience so far.

Autumn
Things I enjoy doing in cooler weather. Baking more; camping more; walking without sweating as much; less gardening; Knowing lots of mosquitos are dying

See - it's not all bad when the summer ends.

Wrap
Thats all for now. Likely no blogging until next week. So we'll sign off with an assignment as usual. I've had a hankering for licorice lately - the salty Dutch stuff. So you must experience this if you haven't. Go to your nearest candy store and look for the double or triple salted licorice - dopple zoot (look for DZ on the candy piece). Try a piece and see what you think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home