Life Without Practice

We all live lives without practice - you only live once, and this ain't no rehersal. Life is what happens along the road. Plan as we might, things sometimes take another path. This is an on-going diatribe from my perspective. Don't live like it's a rehearsal!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Hole Overhead

For the past 8 months or so I've been putting off a P14 project, to install some tin ceiling panels on an entry hall. Straightforward on the surface, but nothing ever really is in an old house. Mostly it's about the extra half an inch that it would constrict overhead space at the stairs (not an issue for heads, but for moving a queensized mattress - it would be). Plus, the opportunity to open the ceiling and do a bit of electrical and insulation work meant a mushrooming project.

Well, today I made the exploratory hole anyway. Had to see how much joist space there was at the end of the house to accomodate some insulation, and take a look at the old wiring. I really don't want to remove the whole 30 sq feet of ceiling, but I'm now thinking I will. It's so messy with lathe and plaster, but I think I'll bite the bullet and do it.

Quick Wrap
That was all I was up to today. Your assignment right now - draw a self portrait right now, and put it on your wall. Or scan it, put it up on flickr and send me a link!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home