Life Without Practice

We all live lives without practice - you only live once, and this ain't no rehersal. Life is what happens along the road. Plan as we might, things sometimes take another path. This is an on-going diatribe from my perspective. Don't live like it's a rehearsal!

Monday, October 30, 2006

Moving Past Hole-i-ness

A flurry of action on the P14 work, and there is no longer a hole above my head. The tin ceiling is complete and it seems to look pretty good. Cove moulding is in place and the filling in of wall holes is also mostly complete. I did a touch up coat of plaster on a few spots. But I had previously put colour back onto the wall, and it looked pretty good. The whole wall will need another coat of paint shortly too, but at least it's looking complete. A new pot-light fixture at the foot of the stairs adds drama and warmth.

Quiet
The P2 silence is a bit un-nerving. Still waiting for progress on a few fronts there. Hope it realizes itself soon. Something about autumn and wanting to move on makes it seem a bit stark without some decision soon.

I did some P3 (yard) work, closed up the pond about which I wrote earlier, and the shop-vac worked really well to blow the water out of the underground pipes. A hose fitting would be good though, so that draining the skunky water would allow me to move it further back into the yard to absorb in. Also pulled out some of the garden paraphernalia and prepped it for winter. No snow seen yet, other than a flake in the air once or twice. Major wind storm all day Sunday though - whew 90km gusts.

Healthy is Nice

I had a major migraine attack last week that gave me a good 18-20 hrs of hell. Starting at about midnight, or 1:00 am it was a horrible night, and a barfy, throbbing morning as well. What a terrible time. The culprit was no doubt one of the common triggers a few beers out with friends, then a small glass of lousy wine with supper. I think it was mostly the latter.

I have vowed to be more careful before, but this was hell. It happened this way once before about 4 months ago - but I'd be happy if it never happened again. Ugh, and the wine festival coming up soon. Well, I can be back on that horse before then, but do lots of spitting.

P6: Christmas Thinking
We've been thinking about Paris for Xmas on the P6 front. The costs aren't looking too bad, though airfare is a bit marginal. The civil unrest is, I think, keeping some people away which is nice. But a few grand would still be necessary. Depending on P2 outcomes, I could go for it. Otherwise, I think staying home might be best.

Wrap
In all, after various chores involving plaster, ponds, gardens and food, I tried to take it easier today. A walk in the cool air to enjoy the sun, and get some natural vitamin D, plus a leisurely reading break, with a brief power-nap for 15 minutes. It's good for the soul.
Your assignment is to fit a nap into your schedule imminently. If you have to go out to your car in a parking lot, that's one option, or if it's just coming home and getting 15 minutes to try it out, do that. If you don't have time, you need to change something. Life is not about preparing for the future, it's about what you're doing right now.

Let me know if it works out for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home