Life Without Practice

We all live lives without practice - you only live once, and this ain't no rehersal. Life is what happens along the road. Plan as we might, things sometimes take another path. This is an on-going diatribe from my perspective. Don't live like it's a rehearsal!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Desk Cat

Cat on my desk. I think this is a pretty common thing, from what I hear. Late in the afternoon, I usually get a couple of cats making the rounds, and relocating to the top of the desk, and exploring all the bits and bobs on the desktop. This one's just found an elastic burried under some bulldog-clips and paper clips and post-its. She's batting at it and trying to yank it out with little nips.

P2 is getting me down today. Not much happening, though I got a call from the 2 interview twits, saying they've re-orged and want to talk to me about another position, but it sounds like it's backfilling for someone who ended up in the one I was originally talking about. I want to tell them to take a hike, but paying job would be nice. Not sure if I'd like to ratchit back my career at the door and pretend I like the role though. Yeesh, this gets me down.

Maybe I should just let it go and keep looking. The fact that I got 3 interviews in a couple of days should mean something is out there. Just don't know if I'm going to be happy working my way up from 1st level management jobs again. It's not the work so much as reporting to people with less experience and ability. That's pretty soul-killing.

Expanding Project List
Just realized I need a P15 - furniture making. I haven't done much lately - well for about a year I guess, when I made the fireplace for candles. Well, now it's hall table, and it's coming together pretty good. After looking at a few crappy ones in a store, I figured I'd just make my own. So far it's cost me $2.49 - for some dowel pins I was short on. I might buy some paint as well, rather than use the latex stuff. It's in MDF though, so I don't want to get too carried away.

I have a chance to do a brief P6 project - Montreal. The SO is headed that way with work, so I might use her hotel room with her and get to spend a day there. She'll probably take a train, so I'll just drive. What is that - about one tank of gas - so about $50, plus probably $20 parking in downtown. That's not too bad. Gets me a Schwartz's lunch anyway. Plus there's a bit of Geneological stuff that would be nice.

Exercise
Standing in a workshop all day for 2 days is hard on the feet and back - so keeping up on P6 (exercise) is important too. After the annoying P2 phone conversation, I went for a good long 6000 step walk. I had a morning headache as well. Super sensitive to alcohol these days, so just a glass of beer can do it. But outside the cool air almost totally takes it away. So a nice long walk was good. Perhaps another reason to consider the P6 opportunity.

Wrap
Well, I should think about supper. Your assignment for this time is to grab a dictionary, and leaf through it until you find a word that resonates with you today. Don't lookup a word that comes to mind, just browse the dictionary until you find one that sounds good. Send it to me, or enter it as a comment. As always, this bitplayer in the life without practice can be reached at lwopractice(at)yahoo.ca. The word I picked with a brief browse was "paradoxical" - that one grabbed me and seems to make sense today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Picked a word - "Rock Slide" works for me today!

5:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home